Title: Law of Averages
The second alteration that gives the puzzle its title is listed in the new rule at the end of the following list.
The official rules:
- The digits 1 through 9 appear in each row and each column exactly once.
- Digits in each shaded region must add to the indicated sum.
- Squares with multiple colors contain a number that’s used in the sum for adjacent regions of each of those colors.
- Remember: numbers can repeat within a shaded region if that doesn't violate the first rule.
- Each corner cell contains a number that is the average of the two cells immediately adjacent to it.